Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Yesterday's Stones: Stealing Today's Joy

Good morning world! Its a new a beautiful day and I would LOVE to be able to embrace it EXCEPT...my heart, mind, and energies are stuck on the difficulties of yesterday!

Can you relate? 

Today has all the promise in the world, yet the weight of yesterday seems to have darkened my ability to embrace the beauty God has prepared for me.


Its as if each morning God personally delivers us a beautiful balloon bouquet with the sunrise as a reminder for us to look up and seek Him through out our day; but yesterday's pains, worries, and offenses (our proverbial stones if you are following the series) cause God's gift to lay flat and potentially ineffective.

"No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.", (Philippians 3:13-14, NLT)[emphasis added]



 How about joining me in choosing to leave yesterday's stone (disappointments, wounds, short comings) at the feet of Jesus so we are free to embrace the fullness of today!


 Dear God, Help me leave yesterday and it's issues with yesterday. I make a conscious effort to look UP and seek you today. Help me walk int he fullness you designed for me in your gift of today. In Jesus' name I pray~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: