Thursday, October 22, 2015

Stones of Busyness: Is The Calendar or God in Charge?

A dear friend asked, "How are you doing?" 

My preoccupied and distracted reply was "Busy!"

She touched my shoulder and disrupted my divided train of thought. Then she asked again, "How are you doing?"

That disruption to my plan made me realize something: I couldn't tell her how I was, because I had no clue. Life was so full that the only thing I could identify with "BUSY"?

While I am certain the Lord plans for our life to be full of good things, (Jeremiah 29:11),I'm not positive His plan is for us to be burdened by busyness. He wants to touch our shoulder and disrupt our divided train of thought so He can connect with our heart. When our hearts and minds are connected to Him, then we are able to know what He wants us to do.


"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps."  (Proverbs 16:9, NLT)
Lord, Help me not fall into the trap of busyness. When you are speaking to my heart, let my focus not be divided. Help me to be led by you and not by my over full calendar. In Jesus' name I pray~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: