Saturday, October 17, 2015

Stones in the Valley:Be Encouraged

Yesterday I shared a post about how our best plans aren't always God's best plans. 

As we struggle through watching plans A, B , and C fall through it can become incredibly discouraging. In those moments the best thing we can do is trust God as we go through the valley. He uses those valleys to create beautiful and amazing things in our lives and in the lives of those around us. (Click to see yesterday's post, 'Stones of Plans: Our's or God's')

When we find ourselves in on paths we never wanted, doubt and fear can battle to own territory in our heart and mind. 

“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine.When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.",(Isaiah 43:1b-2, NLT)



This beautiful song "If You Want Me To" by Ginny Owens has given me courage to continue trusting God in those moments when I find myself in places I never wanted to be. I hope you find encouragement as well.


Ginny Owens – If You Want Me To Lyrics

The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

[Chorus]
'Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will go through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

So When the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley
If You want me to
Songwriters: MATTHEWS, KYLE DAVID / OWENS, GINNY
If You Want Me To lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: