Monday, October 26, 2015

Stones of Brokenness: Revealing What's Inside

This is day three of me posting about brokenness, its such a rich topic and I didn't want to miss this aspect of it. (My other two days can be read by clicking the following links:
Read Stones of Brokenness: There is Beauty
Read God's Love (+) Brokenness= No Stones Here
We all experience brokenness in our lives. What do we do with it determines whether we become better or bitter. Naomi had experienced significant loss in her life. You can feel her anguish and relate to what is in her heart as she cries out:


“Don’t call me Naomi,” she responded. “Instead, call me Mara, for the Almighty has made life very bitter for me. I went away full, but the Lord has brought me home empty. Why call me Naomi when the Lord has caused me to suffer and the Almighty has sent such tragedy upon me?”, (Ruth 1:20-21, NLT)

In the moments when life breaks our heart...we can react in one of two ways. We can allow our brokenness to fester into bitterness, or we can allow God to use our brokenness to reveal what is on the inside and do "Heavenly Heart Surgery" to clean us up.
16 
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in my heart that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.",(Psalm 139:23-24,NLT)
Our seasons of brokenness aren't to crush us; they are to reveal to us what truly is in our hearts. Will we embrace the path the Psalmist did as he sang, "Point out anything in my heart that offends you, and lead me along your path everlasting.", or will be become part of the broken bitter?

Dear Lord, search our hearts and reveal what is there. If we have allowed our broken seasons to turn to areas of bitterness, we ask you to reveal those. As you do, give me the courage to trust you to heal and restore those areas of my heart. In Jesus' name I pray~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: