Thursday, June 9, 2016

What Do We WANT: Disaster or Hope- FMF

Let’s be gut wrenching honest. There are mountains of terrible things going on in the world around us.  As a Christian, there are times I feel like Jeremiah trying to warn the people around me what will happen if we do not do what is right in God's eyes…not our own.


“Therefore, Jeremiah, go and warn all Judah and Jerusalem. Say to them, ‘This is what the Lord says: I am planning disaster for you instead of good. So turn from you evil ways, each of you, and do what is right.”“But the people replied, “Don’t waste your breath. We will continue to live as we WANT to, stubbornly following our own evil desires.”, Jeremiah 18:11-13, NLT

We live in an indulgent and self centered society that WANT to follow their own desires and proclaim evil good and good evil. The consequences for this stubbornness is disaster!

God in His immense love for us though, provides a promise and a blessing if we do what is right in His eyes.


“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”, Jeremiah 29:11, NLT

I anchor my hope to this promise, especially when the world around me seems to be “going to hell in a hand-basket”. 

Lord, turn our stubborn hearts away from our own desires and help us WANT YOU above anything else.

I am linking up with the #FMF group today with the word WANT feel free to check out some other great posts over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: