Friday, June 3, 2016

The Haven of Daddy's Arms: #FMF

I am a Daddy’s girl. The most difficult part about getting married (almost 20 years ago) was that there was a man in my life that was supposed to be more important to me than my daddy… Friends, that was hard!

My daddy has always been a strong man and a hard worker. He’s been a safe HAVEN for me to run to when the storms of life threatened to swallow me whole.

Today, he is still a hard worker, but at the age of 74 his body is betraying him. My mom has been like Chicken Little over the years, but instead of saying “The sky is falling, The sky is falling!”, her cry of 'Your dad isn’t doing good.' was heard as “Your dad is dying, Your dad is dying!” 

I’d rearrange schedules and make the mad dash to their home only to see my dad still being the strong powerful man he has always been, but just not his best.

For a couple of weeks my mom has been touting “The sky is falling!” Because the last few weeks of school is a nightmare with finals, awards, tryouts, and regular life…I decided this time it could wait.

I arrived at their home last night…and the “Sky really is falling.”

My daddy isn’t strong…he’s incredibly weak and struggling for each breath. Tears creep in to his eyes as he thinks of the life mom will have if/when he dies. He chokes the tears back by spouting words of anger. He wants to be strong…but has no strength or control. He wants to fight, but can't find his enemy.

I long to share with him that its okay. When it is time, he has a HAVEN of rest that is waiting for him. I want to openly pray for him to experience God’s peace as we believe for healing…in which ever form. 

I DON'T WANT MY DAD TO DIE, but I pray that when he enters that God's HAVEN of rest, that I have the strength and courage to lean in to cling to Daddy God because His strength will never fail. He is my HAVEN of refuge, strength, and hope. 

Please pray for my dad and my family. 

I’m linking with #FMF today. Word is Haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: