Friday, June 17, 2016

Lose Sleep In Marriage: #FMF

I’m typing this at 1am… because I can’t sleep. 

Early on in our marriage, I would lose sleep because we were trying to be as “close and connected” to one another as possible. (wink, wink)

During that time, I learned to lose myself in my husbands embrace. It was a blissful reason to lose sleep. 

Over the years we have revisited variations of the original “close and connected” season, sadly that is not where we are right now. 

This season is distant and disconnected. Its a season of feeling alone and abandoned…definitely not the blissful abandon we once experienced.

Currently, the largest distance in the world is the span from my side of the king sized bed to my husband’s. I want to cross it. You’d think after almost 20 years of marriage, I’d know instinctively how… but I don’t. 

I’m at a loss. All I can do is trust God to lead me in what I need to do.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”, Proverbs 3:5-6, NLT

So I retreat to my side of the bed and lie there silently weeping and praying that sleep is the only thing I lose during this season.

“Let no one split apart what God has joined together.” Mark 10:9, NLT

*I'm linking up with the Five Minute Friday crowd at #FMF. The word for this week is LOSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: