Thursday, November 1, 2012

Shame causes you to hide from God!

An amazing perspective on Shame...


In adding more to my book "Shifted Vision" today I had a life changing revelation. I just had to pause and share with you in hopes that it will change your life too!

Shame is something that bogs us down and keeps us stuck in our own yuck. It keeps us from being able to move forward. It causes us to hide from God and the life He has planned for us. Shame can permeate every aspect of our lives and eventually define who we are as a person.

In God's perfect design for us, we would never have experienced shame.  The man and his wife were both naked and they felt no shame. Genesis 2:25

They lived in perfect peace and harmony with God and with who they were. After they sinned however,  Then their eyes were opened and they realized that they were naked and they were ashamed. Genesis 3:7a

It doesn't matter who you are, everyone can relate to that feeling. The feeling of being vulnerable and not knowing what is going to happen next. You know you can never go back and instantly things are different. Instinctively we try to cover our shame ourselves. so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves. Genesis 3:7b

They were trying to cover their source of shame. The shame will also cause us to avoid God. Then God came to the garden for His daily walk and talk with Adam and Eve He couldn't find them.  The Lord called to the man, "Where are you?" He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid." Genesis 3:9, 10

In your place of shame, are you hiding from God? He is calling you. Have you tried to cover your shame yourself? Have they worked, or was it just a temporary fix? God wants to cover your shame completely.  And the Lord made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. Genesis 3:21

Let God clothe you today. Allow Him to make the garment that is the perfect fit to cover your shame so that you don't have to stay hidden any longer. God is asking you right this minute...
                       
                                      "Where are you?"

Will you call out to Him and allow Him to do His mending in your life today, or will you choose to stay stuck in your shame? The choice is up to your my friend. I am praying you answer His call....

1 comment:

  1. I feel so privaliged to have met you and have been able to listen to you speak. I can not wait to own you book and to read it. I will keep you in my prayers because I know that your journey is far from over! You are an amazing woman of God.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: